Blessed Pope John XXIII Roman Catholic School Community is a partnership of parents, students, staff and parish communities that nurtures the growth of the whole child in a Catholic faith-based education through a challenging academic environment.
In this Christ-centered atmosphere, the unique qualities of each student are recognized. Children are encouraged to be life-long learners, and are taught to be active Christian leaders throughout their lives.
Faculty Vision Statement and School Philosophy
- We know parents are the first and most important teachers and we are the facilitators of their child’s learning.
- We model and teach with parents that our Catholic faith is a way of life.
- We support the Pope John Catholic School Community in its efforts to provide a safe environment.
- We recognize that every student has gifts and talents to be shared through a Christian Life of faith and service.
- We use teaching strategies that foster creativity, divergent thinking and problem solving skills.
- We ensure every student the opportunity to practice a spirit of understanding, peace, justice and compassion.
- We prepare students to be life-long learners and encourage them to develop to their fullest potential.
- We commit ourselves to grow professionally as a staff and as individuals to serve the needs of our students.
Student Mission Statement
We are a community that works together, doing our best to be REAL Christian leaders, and together we are many parts in the one body of Christ. A Pope John XXIII Catholic School Community student will be expected to be R.E.A.L.
School-Wide Learning Expectations - R.E.A.L.
Responsible Christian Leader who:
- attends Mass regularly
- shows respect for God, others, and all creation
- demonstrates basic knowledge of the foundations of faith, church teachings, and traditions
- demonstrates a spirit of service in his/her daily life in family, school, church, and community
Effective Communicator who:
- listens actively
- speaks clearly
- writes concisely and correctly
- establishes and accomplishes goals cooperatively and resolves confl icts peacefully
An Independent Thinker who:
- uses research skills effectively
- uses technology effectively
- follows written and oral directions
- works cooperatively
- promotes his/her own physical and emotional health
Life-Long Learner who:
- demonstrates curiosity and enthusiasm for learning
- plans, sets, and works toward goals effectively
- assesses personal strengths and areas for improvement
- displays his/her own God-given gifts and talents