We are a R.E.A.L. Catholic community that nurtures the whole child through academic excellence, 21st Century innovation and active Catholic stewardship.
Faculty Vision Statement and School Philosophy
- We know parents are the first and most important teachers and we are the facilitators of their child’s learning.
- We model and teach with parents that our Catholic faith is a way of life.
- We support the Pope John Catholic School Community in its efforts to provide a safe environment.
- We recognize that every student has gifts and talents to be shared through a Christian Life of faith and service.
- We use teaching strategies that foster creativity, divergent thinking and problem solving skills.
- We ensure every student the opportunity to practice a spirit of understanding, peace, justice and compassion.
- We prepare students to be life-long learners and encourage them to develop to their fullest potential.
- We commit ourselves to grow professionally as a staff and as individuals to serve the needs of our students.
School-Wide Learning Expectations - R.E.A.L.
Responsible Christian Leader who:
- attends Mass regularly
- shows respect for God, others, and all creation
- demonstrates basic knowledge of the foundations of faith, church teachings, and traditions
- demonstrates a spirit of service in his/her daily life in family, school, church, and community
Effective Communicator who:
- listens actively
- speaks clearly
- writes concisely and correctly
- establishes and accomplishes goals cooperatively and resolves confl icts peacefully
An Independent Thinker who:
- uses research skills effectively
- uses technology effectively
- follows written and oral directions
- works cooperatively
- promotes his/her own physical and emotional health
Life-Long Learner who:
- demonstrates curiosity and enthusiasm for learning
- plans, sets, and works toward goals effectively
- assesses personal strengths and areas for improvement
- displays his/her own God-given gifts and talents